Some interesting law & religion stories from around the web this week:
- At the National Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, President Obama told political leaders that religious freedom is important to national security and a central tenet of U.S. diplomacy
- Following a Supreme Court ruling which ordered funding halted to seminaries whose students are exempt from the draft, thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews have blocked highways across Israel in protest
- An English court summoned the head of the Mormon church to answer charges that Mormon religious claims are fraud
- More than 100,000 marched through Paris and Lyon to protest France’s legalization of same-sex marriage and to show their support for traditional family and educational values
- The Vatican responded to a UN human rights committee’s report criticizing the Vatican for its response to the child sex abuse crisis and its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception, and abortion.
- MSPs in Scotland voted by 105 to…
View original post 121 more words